Thursday, March 28, 2013

.....call me Hazel


..as I sit here looking around my somewhat messy house..trying to get motivated to get off my butt & clean this house......let me just clarify...my house is not dirty....anyone can stop by at anytime & my house will be clean..neat & orderly.......however there was a time not so long ago..like 2yrs ...that I seemingly was obsessed with cleaning my house..call it what you will...sickness..boredom...whatever.... somehow I developed this problem of being overly stressed by the condition of my house...inside & outside....

....it was a sickness I tell you....who in their right mind stresses out because all the forks in the silverware drawer are not placed in the same direction.....lol....I would vacuum daily...keep in mind I do have pets in the house that drag dirt in........heaven forbid there be a something on my carpet...I could not relax till I vacuumed again....dishes rarely..if ever were left in the sink....I would run the dishwasher a couple of times a day....no wonder my damn water bill was so high...go figure...lol.. lets not talk about laundry...other than the fact that at times I was taking clothes right off my families back right into the washer......

...I have seen this  picture on FB that said “ A clean house is the sign of a wasted life”....I laugh when I see this.....you know the person who originally said this had a very messy..Cluttered house.......those who have a very clean house .....like I used to have......take this as an insult....I for one can say keeping my house in tip top shape was not a waste of time....nor a waste of my life.....I took great pride in my surrounds....yes yes yes...my family barely noticed..not even when I wore my little french maid outfit.....and of course made fun of my obsessive behavior....by damn it...it made me happy & it filled my day!

.....when I returned to work outside the home....life changed...a little....the first year.....I still maintained the picture perfect home....as time went on....I would do less & less....house was still clean and somewhat organized.....I spent most of my time bitching about no one helping around the house...in their defense...their lack of give a shit to cleaning...picking up...etc...was my fault......I trained them ....all those years of me doing EVERYTHING....what the hell was I thinking???

.....the second year of me working outside the house.....my hubby was off work....so after a few...ok...more like many come to Jesus and or bitch slap conversations.....he took over the household chores..............which was great......but he refused to waer my french maid outfit....the hard part was I had to let go of the control....he was doing it & I had to lean to look the other way & let him do it his way...which by the was ALL wrong...lol....actually...just not how I would do it....but he did it......he was a great help....there is NOTHING sexier than a man doing housework!!!

...now.....at least for a few weeks I am at home full time......then last 2 weeks I have not accomplished anything....well...I have held down the sofa.....its is my favorite place to nap.....lol....my attitude regarding my cleaning obsession...addition...whatever the hell it was....I seem to have lost it.....whenever I start to clean ....actually before I start to clean...I think about all the things I would rather be doing...FB...napping...watching TV...blah blah blah....

...but....today...of course I have been saying today all week...and even a couple of times last week.....I have to clean my house.....the clock is ticking...we are having company this weekend & I NEED to have a clean house.....ok...ok..more like a house that appears to be clean..organized ...and clutter free......I hope they don’t  any closets.....

.....well...call me Hazel as I put on my french maid outfit and frilly apron and get busy...... 

No comments: