Sunday, February 26, 2012

the "M" word......eeeek


Its official, there’s no denying it now…..hot flashes, sleepless nights, endless periods, weight gain in my mid section, saggy boobs….oh wait I got those in my late 20’s..lol  The “M”  word now lives at my house & in my world…or should I say in Mitch & Maddie’s world…they have to deal with all my wonderful craziness….not so sure they would consider my craziness wonderful at this point. 



Actually the word is “peri menopausal”…….it’s the time leading up to the change.  A few weeks ago I went to the doc for a female physical – I knew things were happening in my body & brain so I wanted the dock to check it out – boy did she – 11 tubes of blood later I found out I had strep in my blood – how that got there we have no idea, a severe vitamin D deficiency and I am peri menopausal.  I also have elevated cholesterol (not bad) ..Other than that – all is good.



At this doc appointment I happen to mention my mood swings & lack o sexual desire – who knew- doc said that all part of the “M” word.   I thought it was because after working all day, coming home and doing domestic crap who wants to  get it on feeling tired…and did I mention a tad bit overweight….ok ok , more than a tad…lol  What does a gal do if she doesn’t feel sexy?  I am thinking that would make a great blog!  Note to self – oh yeah – did I mention forgetfulness is another symptom of the “M” word?!  Lol



…..anyway, the doc gave me two prescriptions…..one for my mood & the other for my sexual drive…….not sure if either have kicked in yet…lol  I know Mitch is counting the days till they both kick in….  lol



…so after chewing on the idea of living with the “M” word…like I have a choice…lol   I decided to face it head on – read & learn as much as I possibly can about it ….I guess you could say I am embracing it.   lol 

Menopause reset…..that’s that name of the book I am currently reading.  It says I can reset my body to offset the many side effects and or changed that are happening due to the “M” word.    As I previously mentioned I have decided to face this thing – the “M” word - I am gonna smack it before it gets the best of me.  

One thing I have noticed for sure is the sand in my hourglass shape is sticking in the middle.   I have always struggled with girth in my mid section, matter of fact – I have always been told I am built like my grandma Aggies family – seems like I come from a long line of apples.   But of all places to crazy extra weight the tummy has to be the worst place – of course those with a lot of extra junk in their trunk may disagree with me.   I am lucky or should I say blessed to have long legs & arms….however I have to say I have never liked my arms – I never wear sleeveless anything – and last night I caught a glimpse of my upper arms – let’s just say…OMGosh  - awful !  I didn’t even recognize them as mine – all  I can say is OH HELL NO!  I HAVE to do something about those sausages – I mean arms of mine.

Speaking of doing something about my fat arms – my trainer Jen called & left me a message last night – she wanted to know when I would be coming to the gym again………eeeek…….I haven’t been there in a few weeks – I have one excuse after another not to go…I even bought new tennis shoes thinking that would motivate me – NOT!

What does  it or what is it gonna take for me to get motivated?



No comments: