Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday! Monday! Monday!

I guess I'm not like most folks - I happen to like Mondays!  I think of it as a fresh start, a new week.  I can put all the crazy mistakes from the previous week behind me and move forward.  I think of all the wasted inner conversations I have had with myselfy over the years - Monday will be the first day of my "new" diet...lol  how many of us has said that on Sunday as we are stuffing that second hunk of cake in our mouths??? lol  It makes me laugh - what the hell was I thinking???  lol  At this point in my life it is far more important for me to be healthy than skinny.  Of course I would take being skinny too...lol  But I have accepted the fact that my boobies will never again be perky, nor will my belly be flat (unless I amy laying down lol) but I am coming to term with who I am & I am thinking I am ok - most of the time...lol

My garden.......well  soon I will be doing the prep for next spring.  I still have tons of tomaties on the vine, and a few eggplants and peppers ready to be picked.  And of course my gourds.  In the next week or so I will get out all my fall decor to transform my house into Autumn!  Yep!  I am one of those crazy people who decorated their home for almost every holiday and or season..lol  You know the kind - its the house on the street that has a new wreath on  the door, those holiday flags flying in the breeze, you just know the inside is decorated as well - the house you  say those people must not have enough to do, she must be a stay at home mom..............you secretly wish you had the time to decorate your home.  lol    Well I am one of those people..lol  but a little worse..........I also change my dishes for each season and sometimes my curtains.....I know I know it's a sickness!!!   lol

Whats cooking in the kitchen???????

well.........I finished my apple butter.  It turned out yummy!   I have to admit I turned it into a 2 day project but it was well worth it!

Apple Butter
10-12 apples- chopped w/ skins
2 c Apple juice or Apple cider
3 c white sugar
1 1/2 tsp Cinnomon
1/2 tsp Ground Cloves

Mix everything together & put in crock pot on High for 8-10 hours.  The house will smell wonderful!!!!
.......this is what I did - you can do whatever floats your boat...........I turned the crock pot off for a bout an hour or so to cool.  Then I stuck it in the frig overnight.   The next morning I poured the apple stuff from the crock pot to the food processor & hit puree.  Then I put the smooooth apple butter back in the crock pot for about 3 hours - then I canned it.   Yeild 8 pints  YUM!!!!!!!
Ready to cook
..at about 6 hrs cooking
..after I pureed it
YUMMY!!!!!

No comments: