Sunday, February 26, 2012

Gratitude....


…my weekday morning ritual is to read a couple of pages of this wonderful book of women’s meditations….this morning there was a quote that really hit me.   “Gratitude is the yeast if life is the bread” hmmmmm….. I read this a few times, even went back & reread it….interesting & profound. 



 I think it is very easy to say we are grateful for all the wonderful things in our lives, but how many of are truly are grateful?!  How many of us take the good stuff in our lives for granted?   How many of us actually take the time to think about what we are actually grateful for?  Our lives seems to be so busy with work, family obligations that the days turn into weeks and then months go by and we think damn I was gonna do that or I should do that…..that’s just life is guess.  



My meditation books says that we need to concentrate on the positive things in our lives, be grateful for what we have in turn if we are truly grateful we open ourselves up to accepting more love, more positive thoughts and happenings.   Years ago a book came out called the Gratitude Journal by Sara somebody – I probably  still have the book – it’s a great book  - makes you look at your life, what you are grateful for in your life & how to create a life filled with gratitude.  I remember I was doing the daily exercises in this book while we were living in Germany, Maddie was just little – if I remember correctly it did help me feel better at the time…but as everything …I either lost interest or got too busyL



So I was thinking….what am I truly grateful for in my life…...    Do you have a list?


No comments: