Sunday, February 24, 2013

…did you say Glam-ma??




…seems like all of my friends are now grandmothers….their babies are having babies…some of their grand-babies are old enough to have babies…. Its so hard to believe.   I became a grandma almost 4 yrs ago to an adorable little girl…unfortunately my step son &  baby mama #1 did not marry…luckily we do have a relationship with our granddaughter….however it saddens me to say we have been somewhat laced in seeing her..When she was younger we saw her each month…but like all families issues arise…and we haven’t seen her in awhile..Over a year…the good news….we are working to schedule a visit…. I am very excited to see her.

 

….my second granddaughter will be two in the fall…..her mama married my step son…which I am so very happy… my daughter in law is an extraordinary young lady and an awesome mom…..my granddaughter is beautiful…again….saddened by the fact we don’t have the opportunity to see them…once actually.  My daughter in law is a sailor in the US Navy…she is currently getting ready for a deployment….the baby is staying with her parents on the west coast…my counterpart – the other grandmother seems like a wonderful woman..We have not met..But she posts numerous pictures & videos for all to view…..she is truly a great woman…keeping up in the loop.

 

..as a child I have fond memories of my grandma….for the first several years of my life I saw here almost every day…she lived very close to us…both here & my grandpa were part of our everyday life…I can’t imagine it any other way….during my teen years…with all that my teens years had to offer I saw less & less of my grandparents…I guess at that point I couldn’t be bothered….later as a young adult I was so wrapped up in my life I did not make my grandparents a priority…which kinda upsets me know when I think about it….there is so much I would have liked to have learned about my grandparents…

 

 

..it’s hard for me to think of myself as a grandma…don’t get me wrong..I love being a granny….I just am not sure how to feel about myself being a grandma..maybe it is an age thing….I don’t know…all I know is it is amazing to see my son’s little ones……its warms your heart.   I so want to be a good glam-ma…..

 

 

 

No comments: