Friday, February 8, 2013

...I love you ????????


May you look in the mirror & say “I love you.  I appreciate you”

 

…looking at my refection in a mirror..I means really looking at myself is hard to do…it amazes me that I readily open my heart to the moment & strangers…bit to open my heart/eyes to “me” is a struggle…let along say & feel “I love you”

 

…since I was you fitting in has been so important…I felt like I had to dim my light…become less enthusiastic..Less effervescent so I wouldn’t stand out…so I would blend it…I know its hard to believe…at this point in my life that I wanted to blend in…lol

 

…I accommodated everyone’s request in hope that I would feel their love..and gain inner peace I so desired.  The charade I lived for so long….sometimes I still live it. I was afraid to listen to myself…catering to others opinions …feeling less than or not enough…squelching my own dreams …for what I thought I was suppose to or what expected to do…living an ordinary life all while I knew there was an extraordinary one someone inside of me.

 

..we all write our own story every single day…I try…at least I think I try…to live a mindfully present in the moment….my life can be as truly magical as I want it to be….life is not a struggle…or a series of obstacles to overcome…yep some days…weeks…months…even years are a real bitch…but until that moment that I realized the peace..love… joy & gratitude are already within me..they were all along…I just never  tapped into them…I was afraid of myself.

 

…now as I face 50..I still struggle with my refection in the mirror….I am not quite ready to fully & unconditionally love myself….I am a work in progress…I am committed to heal my hearts wounds..expand my perspective…grow & blossom into a woman who can say “I love you” to myself not merely with my words……but in the way I live my life.

No comments: