Tuesday, June 4, 2013

...here's to the boys

......do guys or gals form closer friendships with others of the same gender.......hmmmmm......a long time guy friend of mine just came for a visit...I love this fella...over the years we have formed a wonderful love hate friendship that is awesome...it’s a friendship based on smack you up aside your head honesty.....we laugh & bitch at each other like we are a married couple.....what a fun relationship..we stay in touch & I know he would be there for me in a hot minute if I needed him.

 

....so I am thinking about friendship.....I have blogged about gal pal  friends...I love them dearly & am truly blessed to have wonderful strong independent woman in my life.......this time I am focusing on my guy friends.......can guys & gals really be friends.....I mean REAL friends...girlfriend kinda friends...only with wing wangs & facial hair..

 

...history shows us that between the sexes was basically non existent....men & women occupied different spheres...we were considered the inferior sex....LOL...boy did they have that wrong!  Times sure have changed.....now it is just a thing for a guy & a gal to have a platonic friendship...not to be confused with friends w/ benefits........my my that a whole different ...and interesting blog  LOL

 

...friendships with the opposite sex have been important to me as far back as I can remember.....I hardly  think I am the only gal out there who has awesome guy pals...friendship isn’t courtship...there’s no beginning ..middle...or end....I think our culture has problems accepting any friendship that isn’t based on sex or blood...we all understand and accept romantics relationships...and we all have the family thing...but for some reason it is hard for society to accept a man & a woman being “just “ friends...why is that?  Why do we as a society have to sexualize platonic relationships???  ...now I will admit I have had guy pals in my life who I wouldn’t have minded taking them for a spin...wink wink...but a quickie is not worth  ending ...real friendship.

 

 ...I have been very blessed to have wonderful, respectful genuine guy pals who I consider good good friends..they have all played a significant role in my life......they are true friends.......they would stand by me no matter what....at times they know me better than I know myself.....one thing I know for sure...when you have an amazing friendship with someone (male or female) who you would consider family...stick with that person through thick & thin....sometimes it is not easy either way.....I believe that people come into our lives for a reason....sometimes they exit after we have learned what we or they were suppose to learn....sometimes the friendship gets stronger & grows into a lifetime........I have AWESOME guy friends!   

No comments: