Thursday, October 3, 2013

...personal style story......whats yours???


…this is my favorite season…I love fall…actually I love fall fashions….warm cozy sweaters…legging…boots…..scarves…hats….you name it I love it …..especially the warm rich colors of fall…..after a summer in stained t shirts & cut off shorts I am so embracing fall & my fall wardrobe…..the problem I am faced with right now is that not very much of last year’s fall ensembles seem to be fitting as well as they did last year…..they are a bit too tight…some are way more than a bit…I can’t even get my fat ass into some of them….but that’s a completely different blog…..right now I am talking style.

 

…style like life is meant to be enjoyed…I think your style should accentuate your personality….flatter your figure….even the lumps & bumps….make your life more fun & interesting…..your style should reflect who you are…even express who you wanna be….I personally think that style is a learned behavior that as you age & your life evolves so does your style….after all at 21 I certainly did not think I would ever hang up my wacky 80’s style……and now at 50…..would never even consider sporting that 80’s Madonna look….ok…maybe I would…hehe

 


…there is tons of style inspirations out there…TV..magazines…internet….malls…..Wal-Mart late at night…lol….from old Hollywood to new music …style inspiration is everywhere….fashion icons reach their iconic status by expressing their personality with seemingly effortless sense of class & composition……panache is not unobtainable…….think of all the people who have been touched by Stacy & Clinton on What Not To Wear….after 10 seasons this is their last…I have to wonder if they have feel they have reached & transformed all that they could….maybe there are no fashion challenged gals out there…lol….they so need to stop at Wal-Mart after midnight…..they are sure to sign up for another 10 seasons..lol  What an impact they have made….

 

…I see chicks who seem to have found..and or created a unique signature style…how does a gal cultivate her personal style……the trick is to make your own style statement while staying true to yourself….some gals find it very easy to express their fashion voice…..through trial and error….a willingness to stand out and or make a statement…they have learned what works & what they should toss…how to incorporate the seasons newest trends without compromising their personal signature style…

 


…what makes a gal stylish….I don’t think it’s just an unlimited budget…it’s more a wildly creative imagination and a need to express themselves visually… creating a unique way to tell their  own personal life story…what story does your style say about you?

No comments: