Tuesday, November 26, 2013

……frazzled rather than dazzled....

……frazzled rather than  dazzled..melt down alert


…..let me say I love my family…that being said….spending long periods of time with family can be both awesome & exhausting…keep the peace….dealing with the awkwardness & doing my best to keep things under control…when exactly it the time to enjoy the fun stuff…..especially if you have a touch of the ODC thing going on…..the stress & craziness of it all…what was I thinking?! ..its extremely counterproductive to what the holiday symbolizes….yeah yeah…I know it’s all about family coming together..being thankful …for me it is more about keeping my house clean & orderly..spend quality time with my family…. turkey day meal that  is yummy and ready on time…… a dash of the social hostess…cook & head bottle washer …throw an apron on and call it a day……again…what the hell was I thinking?

….I so agree it is so important to step back & decide what kind of holiday season you wanna experience…..make decisions based on that vision….turkey day officially starts the holiday season…the question is  how do we prepare ourselves to create & enjoy the holiday season for ourselves & our family…..I try really hard to keep things simple…..famous last words……the last few years we have hosted a holiday party……this year it is a turkey day feast..that it..no other holiday party  hosting for me……..of course I say that every year & then pull some sort of  tinsel outta my ass & host a party…not this year!


…No over-commitments  for me!  ..it is so easy to fall victim to the “sure”..”yes”…”of coure”…”would love it”….”count on me”…”sounds like fun”…before really…I mean REALLY thinking about it….overbooking the holiday season just sucks  all the joy out of it….by saying “no thanks” you are actually saying “yes” to yourself…your commitment to de-stressing…to a more meaningful relaxing holiday season.

.. No more last minute…..before things get even crazier & more crowded & I find myself wandering aimlessly fighting the crowds…busting a vein…sweating my ass off….swollen knees…..and achy feet at the mall trying to get everything for everyone…stop..take the time to make my list..create a game plan…order what I can online..with free shipping of course…..the older I get the less I enjoy the mall..especially at during the holiday season…I must be getting old….



…No over spending….this year I am gonna do my best to be creative….not gonna over spend…no need to keep up with the Jone’s….who are the Jones’s anyway…..I don’t know about you but the only Jone’s I know are back woods red neck hillbillys……oh…that’s it……I get it now……the idea is to drink moonshine like the Jones’s…..holiday stress no more!

No comments: