Thursday, January 16, 2014

..........gotta blog 2014

Nope… haven’t forgotten about my blog……so many new ideas rattling  around in my whack-a-doodle brain …unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to release my thoughts…life has a way of getting the best of us…..especially around the holidays……normally I have a better grip on the holidays festivities…this year however it beat the crap outta me….and then some. 

….my old knees just aren’t what they used to be I guess……after giving my all to some killer stadium steps…my knees just didn’t recover……until the doc juiced my creaky knees…..within a day or two my knees were new again…..ok ok..maybe not new..but my 50 yr old knees felt 45 again…lol….doc told me to stick with low impact exercise for a while – which was ok because football practice was on hold for the holidays….restarting in Jan…so I was good to go…..In my pea brain I thought my knees would be ready to hit the grid iron head on in Jan……little did I know……

…as turkey day came near I was excited to see my step son, his wife & their two daughters….a family Thanksgiving…..house cleaned..turkey bought..plans made…..then I noticed I started to wobble……not because of my knees…little did I know that the juice the doc shot into my knees would cause me to be hungry  all the flippin time…..I had gained around 10 pounds……within like 2 months…my fat clothes were so damn tight……no matter what I did I could not stop stuffing my face…….

….my house was full for the turkey day holiday….kids….toys…..stuff…everywhere……I tried to stay in the moment…I tried to not allow all the little stuff to bug me….I tried to let things go…like the messy house……dishes …unmade beds……I did..I really did try…….I have to admit it did get the best of me & I broke…..had a temper tantrum…..I love my kids & grandkids…..but maybe I am just getting old & set in my ways……I like a clean organized home.

…the table was set….people arrived…the bird..actually 2 birds were roasting…..and my house was full…I mean FULL of smoke……it was terrible…we had to open windows..turn on fans…..my corn casserole boiled over in my oven…..but in the end the meal was yummy……and nobody had smoke inhalation…..I will admit I was so glad to have my house back to normal & empty….

…….it took me almost a week to get things back to normal….at that point I decided we were going out to dinner at Xmas…no get- to -gathers..no big dinners..matter of fact I also decided I was NOT gonna pull out all of the xmas boxes……I went to the Kroger & bought a $20 3ft tall tilted tree……wrapped it in white lights..red berrys & four ornaments I bought at JoAnn Fabrics 60% off xmas stuff sale……propped that tilted baby up in  the corner on a small table..surrounded it by some of my wooden junk & called it Christmas……I added some ribbon garland too…..I was thrilled with it…my family..not to much…lol  The bestest part of it all was no boxes to dig out of storage – Yippee! 

....all the gifts were opened on xmas eve so we could sleep in on xmas morning....sleep in we did.....we got dressed long enough to go out for xmas dinner at the family buffet.....it was crowded & the food wasn’t all that great but I didn’t have to cook or clean...so it was the best ever...lol  ...the rest of the day was spend in my jammies with the remote in one hand watching all those sappy xmas movies on the Hallmark channel......what a day....


....my tree came down the weekend after xmas.....I packed up one shoe box of xmas décor.......so glad once again to have my house back together.....next event/holiday.......New Years Eve......we had planned to attend a big NYE party.....same one we have attended the past few years.......you know the deal....spend weeks trying to slim down to fit into that sexy show every lump & bump party dress that takes more time to pour yourself into the reduce your waist & firm your butt body shaper.....you know the one with the slit in the crotch so you can pee...but the slit is never big enough & ya end up peeing all over it anyways....whats the point???

......then once you get all your lady bumps tucked in & your panty hose pulled up  & the dress in position you have to stick your feet into a sexy sparkly pair of F@#$ heels that you can barely walk in but they make you legs look awesome.......God forbid don’t take those babies off till you are ready to keep them off cuz there is no way you can get those bad boys back on your swelled achy feet......take my word for it.....

....it takes longer to get ready for a NYE party than the amount of time you are actually at the party.......at midnight ya kiss the one who brung ya and whoever else happens to be there...depending on how damn drunk you are....all before calling it a night & heading to the Waffle House for  a midnight snack...that’s where all the drunk folk hang.....other words affectionately known as my peeps....finally you drag your ass into the house....carrying your shoes...runners in your hose.....piss all over the crotch of your undergarment body shaper........

...then it happens......the overwhelming feeling of awwwww.....the moment that you tear your self out of that bodyshaper...you lady lumps & bumps pop back out....its like taking your bra off after a long ass day.....only 10 times better...........HUGH HUGE SIGH........ 

...this year however.....I just wasn’t into the party thing......actually it wasn’t really the party as the idea of the effort I would have to put into the whole ordeal.......I worked on NYE......so I decided this year I would go for comfort as oppose to sexy........granny panties & all I rung in the new year with my hubby buy my side........it still felt good to come home & take my bra off........lol


....so hard to believe it is 2014...wow.....times sure does fly.  I have been so crazy ass busy with a bunch of nothing I haven’t have time to make any goals for the new year......to hell with resolutions....I like to make goals...they seem way more achievable...maybe it is just in my head...but it works for me....lol

No comments: