Saturday, January 25, 2014

.......style

.....yes I admit it...I spend a lot of time thinking about fashion.....its has been my passion for as long as I can remember.....I have never been afraid to try anything....sequin tube tops w/ satin pants & a bow tie......to sweater leggings  and an oversize denim shirt......I think is for sure when it comes to fashion I have been all over the place.....some were huge mistake while others were just ok and then there were the times when I hit it out of the park & rocked it....now in the midst of my wardrobe downsize  plan....I have really had to think about
 my style....signature style if you will.....what do I feel & look the best in at all times......
 
.....it seems the best way to give people a taste of the real you is to  make you you are true to yourself.....create a look all your own....only wear what you truly love.....dressing with style takes a lot of strategy...especially now that I am 50 ...I think it is time to fine tune my look...streamline it so I feel confident & elegant in whatever I wear....that’s my goal.
 
......so as I am cleaning out my closets...I am only keeps items I love....items I feel good wearing......I have to say...it seems like I am drawn to very similar things.....so I am think...hmmmmm....who would be  my style icon......who’s style to I seem to emulate.....I have been thinking about this off & on for awhile...there are several out there...but I seem to be drawn to a few......
 
......I really like the edgy rock & roll style of Cyndi Lauper.......not her 80s style...her current style.....she seems to wear a lot of black.....some leather...not afraid to take changes but yet age appropriate  & funky...I like that a lot.......she is my fav....really like the way she rocks it!
 
....another gal who really knew her stuff was Katharine Hepburn.......what a style icon....in a time when ladies sported demure dresses...Kate opted to ear men’s trousers..jackets & button front shirts...talk about breaking social & fashion barriers.....her androgynous has inspired the fashion world.  I love her classic look.....there is nothing sexier than a gal in a white button up shirt...
 
...fitted Capri pants...ballets flats & turtle necks....pearls.....elegant...simple and classic style of Audrey Hepburn......another one of my favs... is there anything better than a little black dress??? 
 
...somehow....my plan to to combine the style of these three style icons & create a signature style that screams .....Lisa.
 

No comments: