Thursday, February 13, 2014

...romance..RIP


…ok…I will admit it…..yes  yes yes…like many chicks I am swept of my feet by a romantic guy…..I dig romance…and with the big V day tomorrow I can’t help but think romantic thoughts…..lol….but I have to wonder if female empowerment is killing romance…..

 …..as chicks match…or overtake men in education & jobs….traditional gender roles are kinda flip flopping…..seems like educated self-sufficient gals have trouble finding a fella who rocked his  S.A.T. & is well read in Bridget Jones novels…..seems to be three groups of gals out there…..

 …one….alpha chicks who end up with alpha fellas but decide to put their career on the back burner to do the wife/baby thing….

 …two…. Chicks that out earn their fella…they do their best to keep the appearance of traditional gender roles……at least to the outside world….

 

…three…. guy pleasing …..allow the fella to take care of you…..kinda gal…..

 


…my hubby makes every effort to hold the door…almost always drives….helps me with my coat…etc….some may write these off as just being a gentleman. Or maybe call it being romantic..I consider it both..

 


…what is it that we want when it comes to romance…..some chicks may like red roses & wine…..expensive dinner…..or  Godiva candy…..some enjoy a little love note…..or expensive jewelry…others like to hold hands…sit by a fire..go for a walk…..everyone has their own idea of romance…..

 
…if romance is dead…what’s next….God forbid we have sex without emotion…lol

No comments: