Friday, August 8, 2014

decluttering....an inside job for sure


 they say a clean & organized closet benefits a chick in many ways…..better utilization of space…all your  stuff is organized & accessible….ya know what ya have……most of all an organized closet adds harmony to a chick’s mental wellbeing…….oh hell yes it does….
I truly believe our outer world is a reflection of our inner world….it’s the energy it carries into the universe…for me the thought of cleaning & organizing …most of all getting rid of a ton of stuff overwhelmed & stressed me out…it was so much easier to close the closet door & not think about it…..but I still thought about it….a lot

…..once I bit the bullet …cleaned & organized my closet…I found it to be a deeply therapeutic & fulfilling experience…..go ahead & laugh!  It shocked the shit out of me too!   I  donated a ton of stuff…it was more than trash bags of clothes…it was “metal baggage”…..I felt like a new gal…empowered & organized !!

…I didn’t realize downsizing..cleaning & organizing my closet would stir up so many emotions……at the same time I felt free…more in control of my surroundings…I felt ashamed & somewhat embarrassed by the amount of clothes I actually owned…how can a chick need so much…....it was a very humbling…over whelming feeling of shame…it was hard….I didn’t realize I would  feel like that till I actually saw the number of each type of clothes I owned…..it was awful.         ~18 full bags of clothes ~

…I did feel a sense of accomplishment……and clarity having streamlined my wardrobe……all of a sudden I had breathing room…. I have read that your space speaks volumes about you…..it reflects your energy..your mood & your outlook on life……I sooooo agree…I was (ok am) a shit sandwich.

…my closet was packed with so many clothes I couldn’t  see what I owned….from a feng shui perspective our homes mirror our emotional state…..my closet is proof that I am one big wack-a-doodle……clutter is just stagnant energy….I DO NOT want stagnant energy in my home or my life…that’s for damn sure!  When all the nooks & crannies are filled with clutter….there’s no room for any new energy…positive energy needs room to come into my world…

 …seems to be…..at least for me a tangible relationship between de-cluttering  & manifesting to the life I desire….it’s like when I am blocked with all this stuff  I get stuck in a rut…..its such a negative which impacts my energy…my attitude…my effeteness…..zaps it all….sucks the life out of me...

 …all this de-cluttering closet downsizing thing got me thinking……what else needs to be eliminated for me to live into my fully realized life…the life I desire…..am I eating right?  ….exercising?...getting enough rest?.....work/life balance?......am I doing things in my life to  stay positive? …creativity?....learning?....expressing gratitude & generosity?...passion?......am I surrounded by positive people?....it saddens me to know that I have to say no to all or most of those things…..how sad is that? 

......the question is......what am I gonna do now????????

 ..de-cluttering is defiantly an inside job!

No comments: