Tuesday, August 5, 2014

..... give-a-sh*t


…I have spent many endless hours thinking about how to simplify my life…make it drama free & less complied…hence the huge closet clean out ( be sure to check out that blog entry coming soon)..I have been reevaluating my friendships…my commitments….relationships with my family  & most importantly the relationship I have with myself…..which of course is the lost complex…lol


…before I dry up & turn to dust…I am 51 ya know…I wanted to share some lessons I have learned along the way…seems the older I get the less give-a-sh*t I have…I kinda think that’s one of the best things about getting older…you don’t give-a-sh*t…most of all you don’t give-a-sh*t about who cares…lol!


1..hanging out with myself….if a chick can’t be alone with herself there is a real problem…..I remember always hanging with my bff in school…wouldn’t be caught dead at the roller rink w/o her….used to talk on the phones all hours of the day & night….those were the days…at this stage in the game…I still enjoy hanging & chatting with my bff…but I do enjoy my “me” time……I have no problem going to dinner…a movie…shopping..whatever all by myself….I like it…I don’t give-a-sh*t what anybody thinks…..as far as I am concerned I am cool hanging with me....most days.....I do have those days when I get on my own nerves...lol
2..reading those crazy as articles in Cosmo on how to please your man in the sack.....I remember a time when I would buy the magazine just for that article....OMG I thought I needed to be in the "know'.....well this old chick doesn't give-a-sh*t.....at this stage of the game if I don't know what to do to please my man than shame on me....I could always just ask him...or better yet..tell him...maybe even show him.....if he is lucky....wink wink....nod..nod ;-)
3...yes..I swallow....my pride that is..haha...when need be...I apologize I mean it..a good dose of humility is good for a soul......by no means am  I a push over....I don't give-a-sh*t if I am right..or if I know more or less than others...just don't care....I bite my tongue when need be & flap my lips when the rest of the time....my ego & I are no longer is a love hate relationship.....I have learned to get over myself...
4....all humans are flawed in one way or another...trying to be perfect...I don't give-a-shit about it anymore....its just never gonna happen....perfection - not for me......the days of doing my hair & make up to go to the grocery store...long past.....hiding the fact that I poop from my hubby....pleazzze......life is a mysterious wonderful thing....everyone has their own issues.....I focus on being the best version of me I can be.....yes...I wear my flaws proudly....
..I am sure if I thought about it I know I could come up with a few more ....its funny how age changes how we feel & react to events/people in our lives.....we learn what is truly important & what is just plain SH*T!










No comments: