Tuesday, August 19, 2014

........my daughter....a senior!

...just what a girl needs in the suitcase

My Little MoMo
 
…well its official….the little girl I carried in my belly is a senior in high school….her first day of her senior year  started today….I am excited  & happy for her……but I also know this year will fly by..before ya know it I will be sending her off to college…..there is not a doubt in my mind that she will succeed at whatever she puts her mind to…she is destined to do great things with her life……I just know it!


The day we came home from the hospital
…life is a journey for sure….MoMo’s (my daughter) journey started with a quick push  & a team of docs taking care of here…she came into this word blue & not breathing…the cord had wrapped around her neck during the slip & slid of the birthing canal…but it sure didn’t take her long to exercise those lungs….hearing her cry for the first time was like angels singing……and so MoMo’s journey begins….
 

Germany
...bring Mo’Mo home to military housing for the first time was so exciting & nerve wracking……I didn’t know what to do with a new baby……she would latch on so I didn’t did the breast feeding thing…..MoMo was like a little doll…..I dressed her up every day….sometimes she would wear several little cutie outfits…..she was such a good baby…..the middle of the night bottles where such a special time…we rocked out to Reba’s song Fancy……however I did change the words to poor white military trash & Fancy was her name……every time I hear that song I  am right back there in that moment.
Ft Belvoir


Ft Meade
……by the 9th month of MoMo’s journey she was rocking & bopping down the hallways of a military guesthouse in Germany….at 2yrs old she was living & going to pre-school in Monterey CA…..at 4yrs old she did pre-school in VA….at 6yrs old she was a first grader in northern CA……MoMo had dipped her toes in both the Atlantic & the Pacific oceans…..traveled by plan….trains….lived in Europe…..visited zoos & aquariums…and indoor water parks from the west coast to the east coast & back again…..lived in to many different hotels MoMo refereed to them as “home-tells” ……was by her dad’s side when he reenlisted & retired.   

 

…if you really think about it…MoMo’s has experienced more of a life journey than many many adults….and she has just begun…..life is hers for the taking. 
 My daughter – my heart – my love – my life.

No comments: