Monday, September 8, 2014

.....chick vs chick


…while thinking about my previous blog regarding gal/gal friendships I started thinking about my lady friends…….I am so glad to have so many great friendships with other chicks…..my gal pal relationships are filled with laughter…support…encouragement & love….my connection with my closest gfs is such a source of strength and enjoyment…….unfortunately there are gals out there who have a very hard time making let alone building strong longtime friendships with other women.


 

…..if I had a dime for every time I heard another chick say things like “they don’t  have women friend because of the drama”…..that just makes me cringe…..I have experienced  all sorts of female friendships…..good…bad and otherwise….one thing I have never really understood was why there are some women who just do not like other women……get your minds out of the gutter…not talking sexually….I am the first one to say if a chick has an awesome rack..or sexy legs…but that doesn’t mean I wanna do her.

 

….truth be told all gals at some point in their lives has had to survive at least one type of mean girl situation….something as simple as put downs….being dismissed….ignored or even tormented …..it all boils down to one this……hate…..it is heart breaking….how or why do some women have such a dislike for their own gender????  As women we should be allies…support each other…..it just not make any sense to me…..yes I have met gals who I have met that I just didn’t connect with…or understand……but that doesn’t make me hate them…..I would support them in being them.

 

….i think hatred for others comes from with in..especially when it women hatting on women…..if a gals hates herself..its is so easy to hate other gals….if a gal who hates herself…..encounters a gal who loves her life…is happy with herself…one who doesn’t hate..it is so easy to project internalized negativity & hatred onto her…..think about it…..you are with a group of gal pals…a new chick…an outsider to your group  walks up…smiles..introduces herself……when she walks away at least one of your group will comment…usually not a very nice comment….something like…who does she think she is…or why is she so full of herself……..

 


….how sad……we should celebrate each other & our differences……not hate each other….we should empower each other….but there are some of us out there that are so wrapped up in what we have or don’t have ..or how we look or don’t look……..better yet…we see other women who are thinner…prettier…….resenting other chicks for whatever reason is just spreading negativity……when jealousy rears its ugly head it can be toxic……

 

…it’s a choice we each make…we can drown in the jealousy…..or we can embrace our own insecurities…or our inadequacies…..acknowledge the feelings……own them….chew on them awhile….questions yourself as to why you feel this way….what are you personally missing that she represents…..don’t shy away from your feelings of envy….embrace them..use them to empower you to be a better you……a better you makes a better friend….there is nothing better than a true friend.   

No comments: