Friday, September 12, 2014

....FFF


 
 ……sometimes I see my kid-o ….when she was young  she looked a lot like me..but as she has matured she looks more & more like her dad.  But the fact is that you look at yourself every day in the mirror…… but how many times do you really look at yourself…..I mean really look….actually see yourself……


…as I immerse myself in my FFF…….frickin…fabulous…fifties……I am not gonna surrender to what so society….the beauty industry….. the media….think I should or shouldn’t look like….or do to my body……a culture where wrinkles are treated like a poison ivy….saggy boobies & belly are like leprosy…..nope…no way…..all you FFF please join me in starting a new movement……embrace who you are today…..in your 50’s……sexy wrinkled saggy women of worth……..it’s time to reclaim our sexiness!

…..when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror…I see wrinkles around my mouth from laughing……there is nothing better than laughing to cure what ails ya….life is nothing if not funny………..I see wrinkles in the corners of my eyes from always smiling….smiling even through the pain……there is always something to smile about……I see that little girl inside of me…..the one with the freckles……I see that lanky teenager  & that 20 something who thought she had the world by the tail……..I see that 30 yr old women whose life fell apart & who rebuilt her life for the better……….I see that 40yr old who watched her baby go off to school……I see the 50yr old who is preparing to be an empty nester……..

….. as I surround myself in my FFF…….frickin…fabulous…fifties……and all the sex appeal that entails…..at least in my own head…….my body on the other hand is taking this 50s thing in a whole different direction…..it’s like my body has decided the play a joke on me…seems like my jowls are sagging……my neck is cracking……my hair this thinning……my middle is now a flabby jelly belly……can’t even see my who below my belly…..my boobies…I need more than an 18 hour bra to keep those girls upright…lol….

…..as I embrace my new reality…50’s……when plucking those dark chin hairs……or trying to cover up yet another age spot……I try not to dwell on my younger self who took my youthful looks for granted….it’s a whole new FFF world…..it’s a time when we can finally be who we are…..and only we at FFF can decide what works for us…….enjoy your FFF!

 

 

~

 

No comments: