Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Written & posted by my 17yr old daughter...she is an inspiration...

When I say that I'm a feminist...
It’s not an invitation to rant at me about ANYTHING, including the “Not All Men” stuff. I Don’t Care. Yes, I believe in equal ...rights. Yes, I support equal opportunities for all genders. No, I do not want to hear about how your brain is programmed to look down women’s shirts like you’re entitled. No, I do not want to hear how you’re feminist, but still think men are superior. No, I don’t want to be interrogated on whether or not chivalry is dead. I don’t care.
I’m not a feminist because I think women are better than men or deserve better opportunities in life. There is such a thing called EQUALITY. I’m a feminist because I don’t want to have to take self-defense classes just to feel safe on a college campus. I’m a feminist because girls learn that boys picking on them means that they like them and it teaches them that it’s okay. I’m a feminist because women are humans and some people like to disregard this FACT.
This isn't me ranting about “All Men”, this is me ranting about me and my experiences, about how enough men have this sense of entitlement to a woman’s body that all women have a right to fear ANY man because you never know what they might do…
When I say that I’m a feminist, it means that I’m a feminist because it would be downright stupid not to be on my own side. Anyone who can’t handle that is more than welcome not to join the conversation.

No comments: