Friday, August 7, 2015

.....new normal???????


 
……18 ½  years ago when my daughter was born I couldn’t even ever imagine letter her go……in just 14 days we will be dropping her off at college….friends have been teasing me for a while about how I am gonna handle her being away…..I tease Mo (my baby grl) that I would go to college  with her..live in an old RV in the parking lot….sell coffee & donuts outta the side window…..lol….you know that didn’t go over to well with  her ….but how funny would that be???? LOL.



….Mo knew I was joking….although secretly I would so love to be there lurking in the bushes…..watching my baby grl as she carves her own way……. I know Mo is an absofuckenloootly magnificent young lady on a journey to greatness! 
…and I know this is her journey..not mine…..I could not be any prouder of the person Mo has become……I will ALWAYS be in her corner no matter what…..and she knows that full well…..and I am over the top excited for her to start her journey….but  the idea of being away from her stings a bit…

 

 
 
…as I was drifting off to la la land last night it all of a sudden dawned on me that I won’t see my MoMo everyday….laugh if you must but in that moment..the idea of not seeing my little grl everyday cut me to the quick…..it was an overwhelming feeling of anxiousness…..I can’t explain it……a sudden realization that rocked me  to the core …..now I find myself trying to process the whole college thing…..

…going off to college …everything is going to change….for Mo.. for all of us….even puppy……there will be an empty bedroom….less noise…less laundry…fewer groceries……and an over load of emotions/feelings…..it’s like we are going in completely different directions. But not really…..its more parallel…we are will be trying to manage growth….attachment & separation…..creating new identities…..navigating new beginning……talk about a major undergoing for all of us…..of course our main objective is to help MoMo navigate her new normal……w/o mom & dad hanging around…..its kinda funny…the whole point of parenting is to raise your kids to be resilient…curious…competent & capable to what the outside world has to offer…..but it doing so is so sad….go figure…

……MoMo being college-bound knows full well & is so ready to embark on this new adventure…..and extraordinary journey…..leaving home….and all its familiarity….to unsupervised self-management……there is not a doubt in my mind that my daughter is going to excel…..as I said before…MoMo is destin for great things….. dropping her off at college for the first time…me trying to look buoyant instead of sad & miserable is gonna be both terrifying & liberating……it will be the first time my hubby & I will live together w/o kids…… what will we do????????????? 


all that focus & attention we have lavished on MoMo will be focused on ourselves for the first time ever….we will have more time to pursue our own interests…all the things we were either too busy…too tired….too preoccupied to focus on…..we will have the time….hopefully we will find the energy..lol  I for one look forward to discovering the new normal……it’s gonna be a lotta fun…..I think…lol

 
…I know this MoMo heading off to college & me being sad  & excited is completely normal……I take pride & joy seeing MoMo make her way so confidently & capably into this world…..doing exactly what she is supposed to do….follow her path to GREATNESS.  …my plan…..to meet the new normal w/ optimism…enthusiasm…..humor….grace……….and a few……dozen shots of tequila…….

No comments: