Sunday, October 25, 2015

...does friendship have a shelf life???

......I’m not sure I understand friendship the way friendship is meant to be.....I assumed I bonded well with others...but I have my doubts....I have been thinking a lot about friends & friendship...forgiving & forgiveness....expecting & expectations.....thinking about these remarkable..borderline...essential aspects of life.....which makes me ponder the the question.....does friendship have a self life?
 
...we all live in the days of “un-friending”.....who know it was a verb.....believe me I am not bashing Facebook....I am an active user of FB...a great way to be part of something..or someone’s life....even if its just a snippet of their life.....or not...the control is at your finger tips...you can un-follow and or un-friend with the strike of a key......don’t get me wrong I know I am not the “decider” in how friendships should or shouldn’t be....the sad thing is that everything has a beginning...and yes an ending.
 
....its funny how friendship is one of the strongest things & the weakest things...unfortunately in some friendships the anger...irritation....disappointment & contempt boil to the surface.... people get hurt....and friendship ends.......sometimes...you are lucky & the universe bestows you w/ such a strong friendship...one that can survive tears...laughter...anger...confusion....a friendship that is both strong & gentle.....isn't that what we all want??
 
....this thing called friendship is something that can happen in the most random places..times & circumstances....its also can end in a blink of the eye..friendships aren’t always easy....there are so many challenges as we all navigate the craziness of life.... as our lives change its inevitable that the people you surround yourself with..your tribe...your friends will change  as well... in my opinion....how your friendships evolve really says more about your personal evolution than anything else....
 

.....do friendships have a shelf life......I don’t have the answer to that question....one thing I do know is that people change...circumstances change..friends behaviors..ideas...expectations  may differ from your own.....so maybe the real question would be...is the essence of why you were friends in the first place more or less important than the expiration date?

No comments: