Wednesday, October 18, 2017

...on the bourbon trail

.......we hit the bourbon trail..... my hubby's thing is bourbon bourbon bourbon.......in July our good friends M&T came to visit & we loaded up to hit the trail.......we had so much fun we decided to do it again....stop#1 Buffalo Trace Distillery
They have been making bourbon for over 200 years - I love the old building

The black stuff on the brick is some kind of fungus...such a creepy effect - so cool

BT is not one of the distilleries on the "official" bourbon tour so my hubby didn't get his bourbon passport stamps...but she sure did drink some bourbon
So  as you can tell by my pics....I am not so much into taking the tour as I am focusing on the surrounding...
A very nice facility w/ an awesome gift shop & tasting area

My FAV pic!



I am jusr fascinated by the old bricks.....




...when we go to the tasting room....I can't stand the smell of bourbon...so of course my hubby drinks mine..





...BT is a very nice distillery w/ tons of history.  I am sure we will go back...











........then we were off to do a quick drive by to get his bourbon pass port book stamped at Woodford Reserve Distillery.......a few years back we visited this distillery w/ some friends.....so a quick trip to the gift shop ....$500 later & a stamp we were on our way.......

...new stop  Four Roses Distillery.....
..the distillery was under construction so no tour but we did do a tasting & walk out of there w/ a couple bottle of bourbon......plus we met a couple who are from my home town...small world..

...then back on the bourbon trail heading to Wild Turkey Distillery.....
...wall of bourbon



..Wild Turkey is a  interesting place.... the facility is beautiful.....



....well...I am sure we will be hitting the bourbon trail again soon...my hubby only needs two more stamps to complete the pa sport.....there is a KY Bourbon Trail tshirt out there with his name on it!

No comments: