Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tonight............oh yeah - I guess I have to make dinner

Whats for dinner?   Welll..since you asked.......

Honey Baked Chicken Breasts ( recipe given to me by my cuz) I will share it below.
Brown Rice Medley - Trader Joe's brand (love love love Trader Joe's!!!!)
-------->its a blend of long grainbrown rice, black barley & daikon radish seeds
Steamed Yellow Squash w/ cracked black pepper & butter
Garden Salad with home grown tomatoes, cucumbers & green peppers ( from my garden - yeah)

Honey Baked Chix Breasts

4 ea chix breasts
4 T butter
1/2 C honey
1/4 C pineapple juice
1 T Dijon mustard
1 tsp salt
1 tsp curry powder
Melt butter in a 9x13x2" pan.  Combine honey, pinapple juice, mustard, salt & curry. Mix.  Pour over chix.  Bake uncoverd 1 hr at 350.

....but here is how I do it...........I cut my 4 chix breasts in half - that way my family each get 2 pcs - they think they getting more -lol.  I mix all the ingredients up except I omit the salt & butter. Put the chix in a ziplock bag, pour the mixture over it, seal tight and put in frig for a few hours.  Then I grill it - YUMMMY!!!

Thanks for the recipe cuz!  Enjoy!!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i'm actually looking forward to this chicken dish... but wait until Lisa shares her goat cheese chicken recipe. now that one has a zero percent chance of making it to the leftovers dish in the fridge.