Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hello September!!!!!!

I was thrilled to jump outta bed this morning knowing it was the first day of September - Yippee!  My fav time of year! Although  it sure didn't feel like fall this morning - ya would think I would have a tiny little butt as much as I was sweating this morning on my walk. I am soooo ready for the cool, crip fall days!!!!

Anyway......so this morning I picked a bunch of Roma tomatoes - I now have enough to make my pasta sauce.


My plan is to make & freeze a bunch of pasta sauce for use this winter. So I will keep ya posted on my progress.  I think I will have enough tomatoes to make salsa tooooo - YUMMY- there is nothing better than homemade salsa & my own (not really home made but kinda-recipe to follow)  tortilla chips and of course my best friend Jose Cuervo - does life get any better than that ? - NOT!   Well maybe, but only when my other pal Patron Silver makes an appearance - Ole'!

My kinda homemade tortilla chips
1 bag 6" Corn torillas
Using a pizza cutter - cut in half & then in half again to you have 4 triangles from each torilla
Place on baking sheet  - you could season them at this point if ya want
Put in a 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes - serve warm with salsa!!!!
Try'em & let me know what ya think.

No comments: