Tuesday, September 7, 2010

....whata weekend

super busy weekend!  I started out my weekend with a bang - we went to my all time fav store - Trader Joes!  If you haven't been to a Trader Joes you are missing out! For sure!   I discovered Trader Joes while we were living in Monterey, CA. OMGosh - I love this store!  Check it out online!!!!  Besides for having the best recycled shopping bags, Trader Joe's offer a an assortment of organic fruits, veggies, wines, etc. ect. ect. (non organtic as well).  I went there looking for a roasted red pepper sauce that is to die for & Naan bread to make pizza ..but I founds so much more!!!!!!

 Who likes pomegranate ?  Who knew they sold dried pomegranate seeds?? YUM!!!!! Those will be great in cookies, muffins, etc.  I also found a great deal on Japanese style Panko Bread Crumbs - if you haven't tried panko crunbs when breading chix, fish, etc - you are missing out.   You use as a breading - add spices and bake - these will brown in the oven and stay cruncky w/o deep frying - try'em! 

I also found Whole Wheat Potato Gnocchi - I hven't seen the whole wheat kind in the store - was going to make my own (still may - found an easy recipe) so I am looking forward to making a yummy dish!!!  And last but not least I found Mini Ravioli w/ cheese filling.  They so small & cute - I had to make a salad for a friend's get together so.........
I just boiled the pasta following the directions on the package, cut up the last of the cucumbers from my garden, plus some green peppers, tomatoes & onions......added some graded parm cheese - tossed it all together with some Italian dressing and cracked black pepper - yum!

I also made..........

..........a very good spinach & artichoke dip ( my cuz gace me this recipe- I have used it a ton of times- always a crowd pleaser!)

Spinach & Artichoke Dip
1-8oz Cr Cheese
1-14oz can Artichokes (drain)
1/2 c frozen spinach
1/4 c mayo (NO Mircle whip- only the real stuff!)
1/2 c Parm Cheese
5 cloves garlic ( I use the already chopped garlic from Sam's) EASY!!!!
1/2 t Basil
1/4 c Shredded Motz Cheese
1/4 t Garlic salt
Couple dashes of Worcestershire Sauce
Pinch of dried  red peppers

Put it ALL in the food processors and blend well.  Spray a small ba\king dish, pour mixture in, bake at 350 degrees for about 25 - 30 minutes.   Cut bread into chuncks ( I bought garlic bread at the farmers market), put on a cookie she and bake for about 10 minutes - just to toast it - serve with dip.  YUM!!!

Ready to Bake.


Ready to serve
(Expert display by JB - Thanks)
                                                           









EVERYONE loved it - try it at your next get together!!!

No party is a party without Salsa!!!!!!  Am I right?  hell yes!!!    I used up peppers, tomatoes, onions, cilantro and made a killer salsa with a kick!!! Easy & good! 

I also made the chips using corn tortilla shells, cut them & bakes then in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes.   And of course Patron made an appearance!!!!  

No comments: