Monday, January 17, 2011

how crazy am I ............

 Ok so I have to admit I am kinda crazy.....it is hard to believe, but yes I do drive others crazy.  lol  But then if I didn't....what fun would that be I ask you...lol    At this point I could go into a long list of my crassness's...lol  but those who really know and sometimes love me already have a very good idea...lol  So I am gonna focus on one small little thing that I do........I know there have to be others who do it as well.  So stand up and be proud......

In my last blog I had mentioned that I have this monthly habit ( I call it my job) ...I do a physical inventory of both my freezers, my pantry, my cupboards and any other storage nook and cranny I have to store usable goods ( paper towels, canned soups, etc)   See that's not so bad ...right?!   Once I have this inventory I create a monthly menus..using up odds & end in addition to rotating meats, veggies etc.  Smart huh?!
You would think my food budget would be pretty low...I never over buy, or worse yet run to the store to buy something then later find that item in my pantry - I hate that!

In theory the above sounds like a great idea.   However I have to wonder why my food budget is outta control????  That's indeed is the question at hand.  I have mentioned before that when we were a military family on a fixed budget I fed 2 kids, one GI Joe hubby, and two cats...not to mention the many friends and other GI Joes who happen to stop by....ALL on $200 a month. DAMN!  Now I am spending more than $500 on one teenager, one retired GI Joe, one old cat, one old dog and one puppy plus me.........

Here is my new personal challenge......effective starting in Feb. 2011 I am on a food budget diet.  So welcome Meatless Mondays, Tofu Tuesdays, Whatever I Make & You'll Like It Wednesdays, Turkey Thursdays, Fish Fridays, Spaghetti Saturdays, and Soup Sundays.............my goal is to cut my food budget in half.   Anyone else up for the challenge?????  

No comments: