Friday, May 24, 2013

....50 & bald...

yep.....I did it...actually both...shaved my head & turned 50.....to be honest both are pretty cool!

I was kind of nervous the last few days leading up to my new "do"...lol or should I say my "no do" look..lol........originally I had planned to shave my head at my 50th bday party...the owner said lets do it on the dance floor for all to see.....at first I was cool with the idea...but after thinking about the mess, etc...and most important the significance of the act of shaving my head..I changed my mind.....shaving my head was something of a renewal and or rebirth of me for me....did I really want to share this experience with everyone?  Nope...there are a few people in my life who I would love to share my head shaving experience with......one of which is my bbf of 45 years..yep...we have been gal pals for 45yrs....having my bff there felt right.  So I did it..cost me $15....the stylist argued with me...didn't want to do it...I guess she did not realize I was a paying customer & she..the stylist was being paid to do a service......damn....but finally she did it & I LOVE IT! 

I love it so much & have enjoyed the interesting kind of attention I have gotten only after a week...I am seriously thinking I may wanna keep the shaved head look for awhile....I will post pics for all to see....I also will blog about the crazy way people treat me as a bald chick.

My bday "weekend".....I call it that because as I said my long time bff came for the weekend...so we kicked off the weekend on Thurs night.....being together again is just like when we were young....we laugh till we cry....actually now that we are both 50..we laugh till be pee our pants.....true...sad...but true...lol  We did some shopping on Friday morning before heading home....and by "home" I mean where were grew up....we were going up for the night to attend a bon fire at a fellow high school classmates...what a great night...so nice seeing kids we went to school with...to hear about their lives now.....I enjoyed it.  We also had to do the local watering holes.....which is always fun...ya just never know who you are gonna meet...or in my bbf's case...ya just never know who is gonna hit on ya.....lol ......male..female....whatever.....I don't judge...lol

So all in all our quick trip home & back with my bbf was the best.....what a great time. I adore her....45 yrs....damn......that's a friendship!

We opened our house to friends for a very simple & delicious buffet meal prepared my another good friend...everything was yummy.....of course I didn't really eat till the next days...the Dirty Whore's Bath Water got the best of me....I drank my dinner as did ALOT of my gal pals....yes DWBW was our signature drink for the night......it kicked out butts.......but tastes so good.

Drunk....the gals laced up their corsets...yes I asked all the gals to sport a corset on my big drunken night out...and they did....we all looked HOT....and drunk......I remember waiting for everyone to get outside so we can hit the road.....I was sparwled out on the hood of a car in all my glory...that should have been an indication of where the evening was headed...lol   To make a long story short...we danced...we drank..we laughed....we drank.....we had a great time.  I am truly blessed by wonderful people in my life. .....bald & 50........what more can I ask for......







No comments: