Wednesday, May 29, 2013

...time to recharge the batteries......

..having it all…career..family..home..friends………let’s not forget laundry…dishes…..cleaning the house….weeding the garden….blah blah blah…..we as woman are old & believe we can have it all…….and we can….but what happens when having it all sucks the life right out of us……leaves us no time nor energy left for ourselves? ?   I know for sure that we as woman put a tremendous amount of stress & pressure on ourselves…is it a chick thing…I don’t know…but being  a daughter..a mother..a wife….a professional….all these roles combined leave me for one feeling like there is no time for me to take care of me…..sure sure…we have all heard it & many of us have said it……take time for yourself…put yourself on your list….ha!  My damn list is so long there is no room to add me!

 At what point do we as women go from spending hours primping for a big date to  just being happy you have clean undies…..Oh I remember the days when I would take all day to get ready…shower..shave & exfoliate till I glissened…a fresh coat of nail polish….tweeze a few wild eyebrow hairs……all before I “did my face & hair” ….. oh and the hours of pre thoughts of the clothes…oh yes..the clothes……and shoes……we are talking an all-day process……those were the days we I was my own priority.  What happened?

 
I will tell you what happened….after all that primping & prepping I looked so good I snagged a guy…next thing ya know I have a family…a baby and a house…….my priority changed…..when you are in the middle of making bottles…checking homework….making boxed Mac & cheese….you don’t even think about making yourself a priority…..well....untill your hubby pisses you off….then of course life is not fair or equal…it’s all his fault..you never have any time for yourself…etc etc etc…lol we have ALL experience that! But now…some um-teen years late..its time to make me one of my priorities…the question is how?

 
..this isn’t anything new...I have been having this conversation for years.....I have talked with other chicks....some of which are like me...longing for “me” time & others seem to desire less “me time” and more “we” time...lol....I have to say there is always one common denominator....women...myself – BIG TIME....seem to have trouble even feeling like we are worthy of being put on our own list...sad but true....I have blogged about self worth...or should I say lack of self worth before.....I have to wonder...do men have self worth  and me..”guy” time issues????  We as women...well most of us...seem to be awesome at project management in our work lives and even family time & budgets...but when it comes our our personal “me” time...seems like our boobies aren’t the only thing that drops.  lol  We all need to recharge our batteries.....hehe...those ones too...just saying....LOL.....if our battery fizzles out...so are we.

No comments: