Tuesday, June 18, 2013

.....gotta leak

.......so here is the thing.....if you don’t know by now I am a wanna-be runner...I have been a walker off & on for years & know its time for my inner runner to shine.....but what do ya do if you are a chick who has to pee all the time.....how do you stop peeing your pants while on the run???   I know I am not the only runner wanna be chick in her 50s who wants to know the answer to this question....come on most of us have bodily function issues while running...some it’s snot...others have to poop....there is also sweat....puke and sometimes blood....so really talking about the golden fluid is no big deal...
 

....I have talked to many women..runners & non runners....lots of women have confessed that they wet their pants....some on a daily basis....I guess some men do the same..some women experience a slow trinkle..others a gush..... we all have had such a big laugh that it ran down our leg.....or what about a cough or a sneeze that caused you to wet yourself....everyone has done that...especially if you are a woman who has given birth.....just know that if you are a pee-er when you run.....or do anything that causes you to pee in your pants you are not alone.....there are many pee-soul-sisters out there.

...so in my quest to tap into my inner runner I have one constant concern..... why does this happen & what can I do about it?  Why is it that when I run I have to pee? Duh..I have to pee..Haha.....I have had two babies....so lord knows my who who is all stretched out of whack.....my pelvic muscles are not what they once were....age...being over weight..tilted bladder...injured urethra....medications...are just some of the reasons a chick maybe a pee-pee-pants on the run...
 
...so what do ya do.....firm up your pee pee....KEGELS KEGELS KEGELS BABY!  ......strengthen your pelvic musclles & sphincter  - bonus....your fella will thank you...wink wink.....I have to wonder how many kegels I would have to do to return to my touched for the very first time status...lol......you can do kegels anytime anywhere...driving your car...at the Kroger...I am doing them right now!


...in the meanwhile till all that kegeling kicks in..what do ya do when you are on a run & ya have to go???  ....do you wear a pad or let it drip..I have talked to several chicks & most of them wear a pad when they run or exercise.....I  know its not so  comfy..but the alternative is having a wet soggy who who.....who wants a soggy who who...unless of course its intentional..wink wink...hey  if a US astronaut can drive across country in a diaper...I can certainly wear a pad for a 5k.
 
 
...I did some research & the following are a few things us chicks can do to before we run or exercise......empty the bladder.....stay hydrated...sounds like an oxymoron to me..but if ya get dehydrated your pee is more concentrated & it irritates the bladder & makes ya wanna pee more....so keep your pee clear ladies!  ...wear a pad......not the regular period pads..ya need to get one of those Poise pads....be sure to use a little Aquaphor to avoid the chaffing – eeek!  Carry a towel to sit on in the car on the way home...certainly don’t wanna smell up your car.....most important...learn to laugh about it...you are not  the only chick out there who pees her pants.....are you sure those wet sweat marks on the others runners clothes are sweat..........LOL
 
 



 

No comments: