Sunday, August 11, 2013

.....pissed off

...I have hear myself say many times that I don’t get angry…..could this really be the truth…..even the most saintly of souls has had a moment or two of pure rage…..looking back I can remember two times in my life when I could not or did not control my rage…..one resulted in scuffed up knuckles…..the other was one of my lowest moments…no excuse for my behavior – I truly regret my actions that day. 

…pretty much people react to anger in one of two basic ways….in a perfect & potentially healthier world…expressing your anger through words or actions in a controlled manner……I think it is ok the yell..scream…curse…cry….but never is it ok to get violent.    The second method….which I have mastered…..shove it aside…keep it as far inside of you as possible…make yourself believe it doesn’t bother you or even exsist….repress the anger & rage…….it seems more polite…but as I found out…..it can be dangerous enough to cause so many health issues….heart attack….emotional issues..pigging out…..etc.
 
….seems we assign human feelings into two categories….the “good” feelings like happiness…affection…love….and the unhealthy or “bad” feelings like  hate…. disappointment…anger….the negativity goes hand in hand with anger….but is anger a negative feeling or just that a feeling……humans have tons of feelings..good bad & otherwise…..the negative is not based on the emotions…it comes from the unhealthy ways we express anger. Lashing out physically or with harsh words might momentarily help our rage to feel better..but does it really?  Is a momentary   expression of rage …one that could result in damaging relationships worth the sense of relief you think it gives? 
 
…of course repressing the anger…like I have mastered…..is equally damaging….it is detrimental to ones emotional & physical health..look at me…can I be any more wack-o?!  Some of the symptoms that I have experienced over the years that happen to be suppressed anger red flags…….grinding my teeth….that’s why I sport a fancy mouth guard when I crawl into the sack at night – now that sexy….lol….anxiety…..food & drug abuse…that had/has my name written all over it…..sleep issues…..self-destructiveness……just to name a few…..
 
…just as anger issues pass from one generation to the next so does repressed anger…it to is a poisonous gift passed from one generation to another….. not the gift that keeps giving…more like the gift that keeps sucking joy & happiness.   Just like you have to learn to deal with your anger issues…if you have them…the same thing rings true with repressed feelings……turns out sweeping them under the rug is not a good thing.

No comments: