Wednesday, September 10, 2014

.......my wrinkle...jiggle...lumpy world


 


….it is so damn hard to have a loving relationship with your body…….mine is more like a hate/hate relationship…I don’t remember ever a time when I actually liked my body…when I was thin I thought I was fat…when I was fat..or should I say fatter…. I wished I was thin….its has been an ongoing battle…almost an abusive relationship of sorts… its starts as a tween…continues …and continues.

 

…being surrounded by images of what the ideal woman …….photo shopped…..young…wrinkle & blemish free…..un-realistically thin…..is that real life….not in my world……I live in a wrinkle….jiggle…lumpy kinda world….most of the gals ya see portrayed in the media who are in their 50’s are either drop dead gorgeous or on a depends commercial…….you very seldom see the average…normal…lumpy….bumpy 50yr ole gal….seems we are all trying to overcome aging in one way or another.

 


….my weight has gone up & down over the years…..seems when my weight is up my boobies go down..when my weight is down…..oh who am I kidding…those boobies are still hanging low…lol…..I have been carrying  baby weight for almost 18yrs……yes I still refer to my extra baggage as baby weight…..I hope to lose it by the time my baby is 21….ok maybe 25…lol

 

…so as with many old chicks I know..we all have a struggle with weight….just seems to latch on…….I have been thinking about it….this aging & weight thing…..this is my body……..am I my body????  In my mind I am somewhat attractive…..kinda smart……funny…..a touch bit sexy…..I can carry on a great conversation….I make  others feel good about themselves…..I could continue  listing all of my fabulous qualities….lol….the qualities that make me who I am…..aren’t those things far more important  & shouldn’t they matter more than how I look naked?????

 


…why do women get judged by how they look naked..by their body shape…….why???? why I ask you!!! …why can’t we just be appreciated for who we are on the inside…..we are more than just our bodies…..we deserve to be recognized as the beautiful…wise…interesting women we are….at any age….any shape….and any size.

No comments: