Thursday, December 3, 2015

...clearing the fog


….for the most part I am a happy go lucky kinda gal…..always laughing & joking……I have a good life…a loving hubby…awesome kids….great grandkids…all are happy & healthy…..I am truly  blessed…..but yet I have a tendency to feel down..not like in a dramatic suicidal way….more like dreary mist kinda way… days when I just wanna stay in bed….not answer the phone….not even interested in FB….not really sure what prompts me feeling so lost…..work stress….not really – I like my job…..health – maybe my endless battle w/ weight…..who knows why I feel so bleak at times….what’s worse is that I feel guilty for being so sad when I have so much to be happy about…..

 

…..yes I take a small doze of Prozac daily….I have been doing that for a few years….doc thought it would take the edge off when I started the “change”  lol….not sure if it works or not…but I keep taking it every day…I have to wonder if in some way being sad can actually be good for us……think about it….when we are sad we seem to think much more deeply about stuff…..maybe sadness helps us put things in prospective….maybe I am reaching…..but there could be some truth in it…

 

..it is very possible that sadness….depression help change the course of our lives…it could even make us more resilient and even creative…think about it…..how may great works of art.. written…painted… or comedy have come from folks who were in a dark place….is there any truth to the statement that the main purpose of depression is for us to stop & take a deep look at ourselves & our lives???   I think maybe so…

 

..for me these blah periods of my life are for reflecting on what’s really going on….what’s making me happy…or unhappy…it’s a time to re-evaluate the direction I am headed….a time to re-adjust my expectations of myself & others…so in a nut shell..maybe  being  in a sadness fog can be a good thing….it forces you to take stock of  your life….the things that you can learn about yourself in the process is limitless….

No comments: