Monday, December 31, 2012

...what's in your purse?? !


Have you ever seen in those life & style magazines where they show the contents of some celebrity’s purse? I just think that is so interesting what woman carry in their purse. Have you ever thought about what the contents of your purse say about you? Something to ponder….LOL

I for one have been carrying a purse for at least 3 decades… I have used my purse as a backpack, as a brief case, a diaper bag, and as I lunch box. A woman’s purse can say so much about her personality…the contents of the purse. I am sure the actual purse says a lot as well…but right now I wanna focus on what we as modern ladies feel the need to drag around with us on a daily basis.

A woman’s handbag symbolizes where she is in her life. The contents of a woman’s purse changed drastically as she moves thru the many stages of her life; what a woman’s carries can reveal so much about the multiple roles she plays & explains why so many of us feel incomplete without our purse. As women we always feel like we need to be prepared for any situation…..hence the statement ….everything but the kitchen sink….LOL Women just never know what situation they will find themselves in & what they will need.

It’s been said that men can tell a lot about a woman by the drink they order…but I think you can tell way more about a woman by the her purse….a purse is part of a woman’s identity & if men truly paid attention they could gain much insight into a woman’s physic by her purse & its contents.

I found the following to be interesting to say the least…..to help decipher a woman’s personality based on the type of purse she carries. Does your purse match your personality???

~from the internet – site unknown

Artistic Personality: These are the easiest women to pick out. Their handbags and purses make you look twice, even though guys don’t understand why. You won’t see any labels on her bag, but you will see colors and designs that make your pupils dilate. This is the girl who wants a guy who is going to challenge her creativity and ideas. If you want to approach a girl with an artistic purse, pretend everything is art and you will get her ear.

Attention Grabber: If a woman carries an expensive designer bag, you better give her a lot of attention. Everything is meticulous. Her hair, makeup, clothes, shoes, finger nails (sorry, I meant nail polish), are always perfectly coifed. That’s because this woman takes a lot of pride in her appearance. If you want to talk to a woman like this, go to the bathroom and check your hair before you approach her. If your hair is unkempt, grab some water and spit and style that mop before you try to dazzle her with your presence.

Party Girl: I’d advise all men to stay away from these girls but if you are a glutton for pain, then by all means pursue the challenge for a night. A party girl is going to have a purse that she can hold in her hand and still dance. Yes, it’s a complete stereotype but it makes practical sense. Have you ever seen a girl on the dance floor holding a huge bag? . The party girl’s purse will be small and easy to throw over her shoulder without much weight.

Executive Suite: This woman is all about her career. If you want your independence, go for a woman who holds one of these purses because she’s not going to have much time for you. Her ambition will hold her attention and you will likely be the one waiting for her at the dinner table, complaining that the food is getting cold. What does her purse look like? The next time you see a woman wearing a suit, take a minute to observe her purse or handbag. They all look the same. Her purse will blend into her outfit similar to that leather briefcase that holds every guy’s laptop.

…hmmmmmm not really sure if they are accurate….but a very interesting prospective…which I am sure was written by a guy. LOL I personally like a well organized purse for my everyday like…I am not scared of color, but I want something that will look good with whatever I am wearing or wherever I happen to be going. I like lots of pockets for all my stuff. I also love a little evening clutch when I am out and about for an evening. All I need is enough room for some lipstick, a cell phone & some cash.

The contents of a woman purse…..well that is another thing. We all have our reasons for carrying what we carry. What do I have in my purse….of course a wallet….sun glasses & reading glass (hey I am almost 50 lol)…cell phone…medication…lip sticks…lip gloss….a ton of those store cards so I get the discounts & members benefits….. pens…post it notes….work ID badge….a small cosmetics bag with bandages, Tylenol, tampons, pads, hand cream, oh an I have been carrying this little empty tape dispenser that my daughter decorated with stickers about 10 years ago…she presented to me on my very first day of work after being out of the work force for many years….it was a good luck charm….yes I still carry it with me. The other day while reaching into my purse I discovered something that my hubby had to have put in my purse…thank goodness I didn’t pull it out in from of anyone….he put a vibrator in my zipper pocket at a joke…all I have to say is paybacks are a bitch J

So what do the contents of our purses say about us? Maybe…

A wallet stuffed with credit cards might suggest that you seldom carries cash with her or that she likes to shop.

An up-to-date library card indicates you like to read.

A bottle of hand sanitizer means you are concerned about germs.

A bottle of hand lotion shows concern for your skin. The fragrance of the lotion hints at your personality.

Over-the-counter pain relievers and feminine products indicate you like to be prepared.

Tubes of lipstick, lip gloss and make-up compacts show you are concerned about looking your best at all times.

A ponytail holder, dental floss and ear plugs hold nothing in common as a group but individually reinforce your state of readiness.

A little piece of paper with unintelligible words scribbled all over it can indicate scattered thoughts.

A condom shows that you are always prepared & safety first.

It really doesn’t matter if you carry a purse, what kind of purse you carry, or the contents of your purse….we all have our reasons & what we feel comfortable having or not having….but….have you ever thought about what your purse & its contents say about YOU???

 

No comments: